STAFF TRAINING AND SANITIZATION:
- Promote frequent hand washing among staff and participants.
- Provide hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol to be available for participants and staff at all possible times.
- Recommend the use of face masks and gloves to staff when interacting with Participants where appropriate.
- Promote the use of face masks to participants.
- Exercise physical distancing, where viable and in line with the latest official guidance or requirements, including motor coaches and other modes of transportation.
- Train all staff that may interact with Participants to ensure they are familiar and compliant with these guidelines and those set out by the public health authorities mentioned above.
- Comply with applicable government and health authority requirements as well as these guidelines.
- Employ touchless solutions when possible – and reduce touch points at operational levels, such as ticketing, payments, identification, check-in, etc.
- Where possible, use face masks and gloves when interacting with participants.
- Sanitize high-touch areas frequently using products and disinfectants approved by the EPA and local health authorities for effectiveness against COVID-19.
PASSENGER COMMUNICATION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Participants may be required to declare prior to departure that if they are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive or have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days of departure.
- Participants will be advised of and asked to adhere to recommended hygiene procedures, such as traveling with and wearing a face mask and/or gloves when asked to do so, or limiting physical contact wherever possible.
- Prior to departure, passengers may be asked to complete a pre-boarding questionnaire or declaration confirming they have familiarized themselves with health and safety guidelines and requirements related to their tour.
TOUR OPERATORS WILL ENDEAVOR TO:
- Have personal protection equipment, such as face masks, hand sanitizer, and wipes available for participants, as needed, or advise participants where such items may be required for their tour.
- Provide oversight of and ensure compliance with the TOURCARE Guidelines for Tour Operators related to staff, suppliers, and Participants.
- Provide a downloadable leaflet to all passengers describing these guidelines and recommendations or direct passengers to where such information is available.
- Communicate the health and sanitization procedures participants will encounter throughout their trip as far as reasonably possible.